Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mally-bug

Celiac And Acne And Excema?

thanks so much for th replies! my acne is getting a little better, not too much though. my mom also researched something about salicylic acid and how you can be allergic to that as well. unfortunately it is the active ingredient in most, if not all, of the acne treatment washes that i have been trying. -not saying that i have a salicylic acid intolerance, but it is definitely possible, so i have been trying a different line of washes by Aveno without that specific acid in it. working so far...

Watch out for aveeno products, I have found oats in all of them. I also was reacting from salicylic acid acne med. It is also n a lot of beauty products. My face is still going crazy!

I am 3 1/2 wks into gluten free diet, and trying to figure out other foods that are still bothering me. Seeing Allergist tomorrow. I hope I get some results. Anyway, having major cystic acne on my face. Devastating, after having to change your diet so drastically!

Nicole, my 18 yr old dd went gluten-free in the last few months. Her head kept itching. Her shampoo had wheat in it and so did the new bottle she bought. Then she glutened herself with a tortilla and her face broke out along the hairline and her back too. Be sure to check everything for wheat. I hope yours clears up soon. I know its hard at your age.

Hello!

Im 23 and have had acne since I was like 8. I discovered that I have gluten intolerance about 2.5 months ago and I havent noticed a huge difference with my acne or my seborrheic dermatitis (sp) on my scalp and sometimes ear (I know.. gross!). One thing though, is that the dermatitis seems to be ever so gradually getting a little better, as well as the acne. I still do get breakouts though, but they seem to maybe be getting a little better. As with some of the other skin conditions associated with gluten intolerance, Ive heard that it can take a few months for things to clear up. Im hoping thats the case... I have purple scars from having cystic acne all over my face!

We'll just keep our fingers crossed that the diet can help our acne as well!