Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andreagrant

Parasites?

Seeing as this board seems to contain more intestinal knowledge than anywhere else on earth, I was wondering if anyone had experience with tapeworms or intestinal parasites. I'm so grossed out by the idea that I can't even look at the pages I find from a google search.

I was recently at a remote site and was fed a lot of game (reindeer) after having also been warned about the many parasites living in the area. I have since dropped maybe 5-10 pounds (don't have a scale--seems to be about 1 clothing size) and for a few days I have noticed roundish white things the size of rice grains in my stool, but I haven't eaten rice (or anything remotely fitting that description) in weeks. However, the weight loss could just be from being outside in cold-ish weather and walking around a lot more than I usually do.

Funny, I can talk about poop all day but mention worms and I get totally queasy!! I'm clearly not a gardener!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Call your doctor today and tell them what you suspect and why. They can order parasite testing on the phone, you simply pick up some special vials at the lab or doctors office and take them home. I had the same fear as you after I rescued a kitten that had really bad worms and after angsting about it for a couple of months the testing revealed I was clear.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

This is good advice. Some restaurants offer gluten-free menus or mark items with “GF” on their regular menu, and I try to eat at such places. I still talk to the manager when I order to be sure. 
    I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...