Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jenwestphal

Does Any One Elses Children Have Constipation Problems?

Hi

I have found this board and waiting for the blood results to come back either today or tommorrow for my 8 year old. He has encopresis which is another problem, but his grandma is celiac and is always constipated. So I am thinking my son has the problem. I know celiac makes most people loose just wanted to see id any of your children had the oppisite effect and became constipated? Thanks.

Jen

Hi

I have found this board and waiting for the blood results to come back either today or tommorrow for my 8 year old. He has encopresis which is another problem, but his grandma is celiac and is always constipated. So I am thinking my son has the problem. I know celiac makes most people loose just wanted to see id any of your children had the oppisite effect and became constipated? Thanks.

Jen

I had always been constipated, never having regular BM's. after being gluten-free for awhile it is much better now.

Hi, my son was so constipated before his diagnosis that 4 enimas in the ER couldn't get him going, not even the colonoscopy prep got him moving. I thought the same thing, diarrhea goes with Celiac but so does constipation apparently. He did somewhat better after the gluten free diet but it was really going dairy free that fixed the problem all together.

Nicole

My oldests is constipated, since birth, really. He did not test positive on the blood work other than he has the gene. I took him gluten-free for 4 months to see if it helped, it didn't. but I also discovered that my dh let him eat cookies at scout meetings weekly. <_< And I'm sure that skewed any results I was hoping for.

His metabolic blood panel was identical to his Celiac brother and that is what prompted my gluten-free diet challenge w him.

We'll test him regularly and try to do our best to get the constipation problem solved, but thus far at age 8 he's still clogging the toilet EVERY time he goes.

My oldests is constipated, since birth, really. He did not test positive on the blood work other than he has the gene. I took him gluten-free for 4 months to see if it helped, it didn't. but I also discovered that my dh let him eat cookies at scout meetings weekly. <_< And I'm sure that skewed any results I was hoping for.

His metabolic blood panel was identical to his Celiac brother and that is what prompted my gluten-free diet challenge w him.

We'll test him regularly and try to do our best to get the constipation problem solved, but thus far at age 8 he's still clogging the toilet EVERY time he goes.

Have you considered trying dairy? As I said above it was really the dairy free diet that changed things dramatically for my son.

Nicole