Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kylie

Mcdonald's Iced Coffee

So I read a post about Wawa's iced coffee so I had to start my own. I was so happy to find a place that served iced coffee for less than $2.00 compared to the $4.00-$5.00 I usually had to pay at Starbucks. Sadly, both times I drank the coffee, I got sick (and really smart me tried them for two days in a row :huh: ). It wasn't as awful as some of my reactions (which have put me in the hospital) but it sure was quite an inconvenience. I do have lactose intolerance but I took the lactaid pill at the time of drinking the coffee. I can't decide if I need to take more than one lactaid pill to counteract all of the dairy or if there is secretly some gluten in there. Does anyone know because I can't go back to drinking Starbucks coffee which is raising their prices again!!! Thanks!

So I read a post about Wawa's iced coffee so I had to start my own. I was so happy to find a place that served iced coffee for less than $2.00 compared to the $4.00-$5.00 I usually had to pay at Starbucks. Sadly, both times I drank the coffee, I got sick (and really smart me tried them for two days in a row :huh: ). It wasn't as awful as some of my reactions (which have put me in the hospital) but it sure was quite an inconvenience. I do have lactose intolerance but I took the lactaid pill at the time of drinking the coffee. I can't decide if I need to take more than one lactaid pill to counteract all of the dairy or if there is secretly some gluten in there. Does anyone know because I can't go back to drinking Starbucks coffee which is raising their prices again!!! Thanks!

Kylie: go to this web address: <http://app.mcdonalds.com/bagamcmeal?process=menuitems> and look up any menu item, it will give every ingredient and the allergens it contains in bold print. I can't drink their iced coffee because of the sulfites! Hope this is helpful.McDonalds ingredient and allery info