Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luisa2552

Just Had Biopsy Done

I'm just bcak from my endoscopy (and still alittle loopy). And I quote the findings "Normal upper GI endoscopy to the third part of the duodenum. Duodenal biopsies obtained for sprue. Endoscopic Diagnosis: Normal exam."

Has any one else had this and had positive biopsies? So what do I do if they're negative but I had the anitbody tests that were positive? Does this just mean that there is no damage to the intestines and we caught it early? And I feel WAY better off gluten. The doc did tell me to go ahead and start gluten-free diet, so he must think it's still celiac disease? I go see him next week for results.

I'm just bcak from my endoscopy (and still alittle loopy). And I quote the findings "Normal upper GI endoscopy to the third part of the duodenum. Duodenal biopsies obtained for sprue. Endoscopic Diagnosis: Normal exam."

Has any one else had this and had positive biopsies? So what do I do if they're negative but I had the anitbody tests that were positive? Does this just mean that there is no damage to the intestines and we caught it early? And I feel WAY better off gluten. The doc did tell me to go ahead and start gluten-free diet, so he must think it's still celiac disease? I go see him next week for results.

how long have you been gluten-free, cause from what ive read around here that can effect your biopsie results.

how long have you been gluten-free, cause from what ive read around here that can effect your biopsie results.

I did a week of gluten-free as a trial more than a month ago, then doc told me to go back on normal diet until after biopsy

yes, the initial report of my biopsy was normal and then aronda week later they called, after looking at the biopsy, and said villi were blunted. so i have suspected celiac i guess. but feel a million times better now than i did back in may, when i didn't know and was eating gluten. and none of my bloodwork was positive so you just never know.