This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Bioposy Wednesday!

emsmom

emsmom Apprentice

Hi I just needed to vent somwhere! and I find you very helpful. I just don't know how I am going to get my DD through these next few days. The dr's have her on a liquid only diet for 2 days before the test which is wednesday. ONly drinks and jello she is hyperglycemic so i am waiting for her to crash any second. I let her go to school this morning but picked her up for lunch I did not think it was fair to have her sit there while everyone ate. I am so nervous about the testing they are doing the endoscope and a coloscopy (there was blood in her stool). Her 1st blood tests came back positive but the GI dr did a different blood test that came back negative. they have done upper gi's, allergy testing, ulrasounds and numourous other testing I just can not wait for them to figure out what is wrong. Shes foggy headed alot, her belly swells pretty big after she eats. shes always tired, gets confused easily, has constant stomach pain sometimes severe I will find her laying on the bathroom floor some nights crying it hurts so bad She has also now had 2 episopes where she has been bede ridden for a day with severe belly pain and headaches her list of symptoms go on. celiac disease seems to be the answer I just hope they figure it out soon. HOw did you other parents get through these test I am a nervous wreck THey will be putting her to sleep I think thats making me very nervous. Sorry for ranting I am just on edge THanks for listening.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lily Rookie

I know how difficult it must be to watch your child go through this. I had the biopsy last month and I slept peacefully and didn't even know they had done the procedure. You'll be in my prayers. If she has Celiac, at least you'll finally know what it is and head in the direction of wellness :)

Lily

DLayman Apprentice

I'm silly but I chose to think of it this way.. I was going to joke with the anaestesiologist that he should come by the house every day around 1:30 so I can get my ornery toddler to take a nap every day!

It'll be fine!

• 3 weeks later...
wclemens Newbie

I'll be hoping that all goes well, and that you receive a speedy reply. If the diagnosis is Celiac, you have a route to good health that will help you forget all this pain and suffering that has occurred. Godspeed! Welda

wdavie Newbie

Why the fluid only diet? I would have thought this could sway the results. Grace was NBM (Nil Orally) for 8 hours before surgery but was encouraged to be on a diet containing Gluten up until her biopsy.

I hope they find an answer for you as having a sick child is very debilitating for your spirit as a parent.

Good Luck.

Wendy

seeking-wholeness Explorer

Wendy, I believe the fluid diet is used to clear out the digestive tract as much as possible so the endoscope has freedom of movement.

wdavie Newbie

Ah probably another difference in protocols in different countries. I used to nurse in Theatres and we did endoscopes regularly. In Australia and NZ rarely we put people on Fluid only etc, Usually just the usual Nil By Mouth for 8-12 hours.

Thanks for your reply, I was just curious cause sometimes the preparations for the tests are quiet difficult and traumatic for kids and it would be nice if the preps were as simple as possible.

Cheers

Wendy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived