Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nic

Rain Forest Cafe

Since my son was diagnosed we had tried to go back to the Rain Forest Cafe only once. We were told by the manager that there was simply nothing there for him to eat except for grilled chicken and I don't know how many little boys would want to eat just a piece of grilled chicken. So I figured I would try to investigate farther by e-mailing them and asking for some assistance in trying to find another gluten free option. So I e-mailed them once, no response. About 6 months later I tried again, again no response. This weekend my kids were upset that we don't ever go there anymore and I became very annoyed that they haven't contacted me back (it has now been a couple of months) so I sent another one and this time I let them have it for their rudeness. I told them that for an establishment that is geared for children it is very sad that they would not make an effort to accomodate a child with a special diet and to be so rude as to not respond at all. This is totally out of my character by the way. Today my phone rings and the caller ID says "Rain Forest Cafe". I was shocked and a little nervous since I yelled at them in my e-mail. The man was very nice, told me that the frys are made in a dedicated frier but we would have to ask for no seasoning. I told him that the manager on duty when we were there said there was bread crumbs in the hamburger. He said this is not true and they are 100% beef. He never did apologize about no one getting back to me but I was happy to hear that there are some options there. Thought I would pass it on.

I'm glad they got back to you. Sounds like they still need to work on their "special diets" info. It doesn't sound too consistent. I would still ask to speak to a manager when I went back to eat there (IF I went back).

-Jessica :rolleyes: