Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tmk

Back From Gi Appt.

So -- back from my GI appt. I went through a bunch of questions and an exam -- the doc came back and basically said he thought I had "IBS" -- which is what I figured I would get (he read it from my primary doc records) -- He was going to do a colonoscopy, blood test (which I asked which ones and he said TtG and EmA -- which I was glad to hear since my primary just ran the Gliadin IgA and IgG which came back negative) and also an x-ray of my small intestine. I asked if he was going to do an endoscopy w/ biopsy (which is what I wanted) and he was leaning towards just x-raying the small intestine. So -- long story short -- I decided to go ahead and show him my Enterolab results and BINGO -- he changed his whole thinking -- ditched the other tests (for now) and scheduled me for the endoscopy/biopsy. If not for Enterolab, I probably would've never gotten the endoscopy procedure scheduled! I am sooooo happy I did the fecal testing -- if anything, it aided in the doctors willingness to test further for Celiac!

Thought I would share! Thanks for reading! :)

So -- back from my GI appt. I went through a bunch of questions and an exam -- the doc came back and basically said he thought I had "IBS" -- which is what I figured I would get (he read it from my primary doc records) -- He was going to do a colonoscopy, blood test (which I asked which ones and he said TtG and EmA -- which I was glad to hear since my primary just ran the Gliadin IgA and IgG which came back negative) and also an x-ray of my small intestine. I asked if he was going to do an endoscopy w/ biopsy (which is what I wanted) and he was leaning towards just x-raying the small intestine. So -- long story short -- I decided to go ahead and show him my Enterolab results and BINGO -- he changed his whole thinking -- ditched the other tests (for now) and scheduled me for the endoscopy/biopsy. If not for Enterolab, I probably would've never gotten the endoscopy procedure scheduled! I am sooooo happy I did the fecal testing -- if anything, it aided in the doctors willingness to test further for Celiac!

Thought I would share! Thanks for reading! :)

HURRAY for another open minded doc!! 3 years ago my PC, who had misdiagnosed me with IBS for 10 years, readily accepted my Enterolab results after I showed those and explained that a gluten, dairy and soy free diet had decreased my symptoms dramatically. This year I brought my PC my results from my ELISA test for additional allergies. She added all 5 of intolerance/allergies to my records. She also encouraged me to keep seeing my naturopath who has been treating all my gastrointestinal problems. Fortunately my HMO 'options' plan reimburses me for visits, blood tests and prescribed meds (herbal) from my naturopath.

BURDEE