Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dman

Research Idea Needed For School

I'm in English 102 Research Writing this quarter. I figured a Celiac Disease/Gluten topic would be a good thing to research (because I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease earlier this year), but I'm drawing blanks. Can anyone give me some ideas on what to research? Perhaps a thesis statement to work off of. Thanks.

I'm in English 102 Research Writing this quarter. I figured a Celiac Disease/Gluten topic would be a good thing to research (because I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease earlier this year), but I'm drawing blanks. Can anyone give me some ideas on what to research? Perhaps a thesis statement to work off of. Thanks.

I haven't been in college for nearly a hundred years, but I'll give this a shot-

-Impact of diagnosis on low income vs. middle income patients.

-Tax breaks for gluten free food items and number of people who use them

-How the 504 plan can be utilized for a child with celiac disease

-Strategies that might be used to identify a greater number of persons who have celiac disease/gluten intolerance

-Percentage of various symptoms that lead to diagnosis

-Challenges of parenting a child with celiac disease/gluten intolerance

-Problem of physicians who are unfamiliar with celiac disease/gluten intolerance

-Number of patients who comply with the diet vs. those who do not

-Comparing the rate of diagnosis among different countries

-Comparing/contrasting the recognition of the impact of celiac disease/gluten intolerance on the population in different countries (for example, these diseases are highly recognized in the country of Ireland, where it is common to see the words 'gluten free' on restaurant signs, etc.

Hope this helps.

Something about the difference in attitudes toward this disease between vets and Docs. I was in the vets with my kitty who is having immune system problems and she brought up celiac disease and seemed SO open to it, saying they're finding this in animals now, and yet my son's pediatrition was so closed to the idea of even doing a gene test on him when my mom, sister and I have this. I talked with my mom's Doc. recently and her said he didn't want to "do this to her" meaning put her on a gluten-free diet. While I was waiting in line, another vet was in front of me and started talking to the cashier about celiac disease in pets and though it was obvious she didn't completely understand it she was also very open to it.