Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elaine40

My Daughter Is Having Blood Tests Done Wednesday

My daughter has anemia and they are suspicious of celiac because of malabsorption issues and my history. THe hematologist told her not to change her diet, but I'm wondering if I should do a two day wheat binge with her or if we are too late at this point. She has been eating what she normally eats (which includes plenty of breads and wheat products) and I did buy wheat bread which she has been having some of last week.

Thanks. :)

P.S. She is 17, so she is definitely capable of telling me when it's making her feel bad - didn't want you to think I was torturing a little one or anything. Plus, stomach problems are not a major issue for her right now.

Although my son was on a 'gluten' diet before his bloods I did up the 'ante' slightly in the weeks before.

He would never eat bread or cakes (mmmm big sign! :rolleyes: ) so I used to sneak it in.

I used to stir flour into his gravy on dinners and also his porridge - and allowed more junk food than normal :o (KFC = gluten)

He was getting gluten in all 3 meals a day.

He never complained of stomach pain either - but had pos+ bloods and went on to have pos+ biopsy

:)