Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kalikohl

Celiac-ing, Glutening?

Hi quick background. i've been gluten-free since mid june. I've been feeling much since going gluten-free. But today I think I may have been glutened. I was with a friend at Eat N Park and grabbed a few of her fries. Not even thinking that they're not gluten-free. When I got home (about 30 min later) I had some D. I laid around most of the day relaxing. I had a gluten-free Breakfast and gluten-free dinner. So I'm not sure if the fries could have made me so sick. At about 10pm EST I got weird tingly pains in my arms and legs, and it felt like my whole body was asleep. I felt so achey and sore, and tired and my joints hurt alot. I got freezing cold and actually turned off the AC and had to get a heating pad. I had D about 3 more times and I'm just still feeling off.

So did I gluten myself?

thanks for the help with this.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You definately cc'd or glutened yourself.

Fries are notorious for causing problems because they share the same oil as other glutened foods.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.