Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldyjlox

How Long Does It Take...

Just wondering how long it takes for your body to heal after going Gluten Free?? Also, I never get sick and eat gluten all the time and I am not sure how I am going to know that my body is healing, without any sypmtoms I cant tell. Sure I feel good, more energetic then before but thats all.

Guest j_mommy

Are you still eating gluten????

Once you go gluten-free...some people take years to totally heal...everyone is different.

Guest j_mommy

Stick with it!!!

I started to feel better right away! It's a long road and I still have a hrad time occassionally but it does get better!

I agree, everyone is different and depending on how severly sick they were prior to their diagnosis might determine how quickly they will feel better. I personally noticed a change in 2-3 weeks, my GI symptoms seemed to get better, and my energy level picked up. Some of my other symptoms took a few months.

Some people are still healing even after a couple years.

If you don't notice any difference right away, don't give up. It took two MONTHS for me to feel better. But the difference was so dramatic that I swore I'd never eat gluten again, and except for some really tiny unintentional oopsies, I've been gluten free for four years.

fanfaire

B)