Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miriam3

Advice On Magnesium Or Calcium Supplements?

Hi all!

Anyone gotten useful advice from their doc on magnesium and calcium? Mine doesn't want to commit to anything because he doesn't know. He starting out advising me to take calcium. I told him that when I just take calcium I get migraines. I also get migraines if I DON'T take magnesium. And after exercise I sometimes get muscle twitches and I can't tell if I need calcium or magnesium. That totally flustered him.

I tried asking if I should try to take both somehow, but he couldn't sort out what to tell me. He thinks my bones are okay right now (based on looking at an x-ray). But I haven't taken calcium in a long time because of headaches. He thinks both calcium and magnesium are nice, but has no idea how much of each is good or whether I should space them out since they can compete with each other. Anyone?

Mariam

From what I understand one needs to take calcium, magnesium, and vitamine D3 for everything to work.

I'm wondering if things are working for me because the bone scan for osteoprosis for me was a -3. I have been on Boniva and calcium and I don't think my bones are getting better.

Hope that helps.

Susan