Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GFDahlia

Gluten Is Stalking Me!

I just have to let out an AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH !!!!!

Gluten is in EVERYTHING - even toothpaste for god's sake!

Ok I feel better now - thanks

Dahlia

Dear Dahlia,

I think we all feel this way! :lol: It is everywhere! You have to be scared of everything! It is not fair we have to freak out about foods and make-up while the rest of the world gets to shove whatever into their mouths and not worry about reading labels on hair spray or toothpaste. Gluten truly does seem to be stalking us, because it is all over the place, and you cannot get away from it.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Thank god it's not in coffee... that is all I have left HAHAHAHAHA :lol:;)

Dear sickchick,

Actually, gluten can be found in some coffees. Luckily, Folgers is safe. I love Folgers! All of their coffees, including those delicious Capuccinos are safe! They are not dairy-free, though. I use the instant classic roast.

I love my coffee, too. Going without it is hard. I tried to switch to green tea, but am too accustomed to the taste of coffee. It is one of those things that you make a habit, and the next thing you know, it is the only thing you enjoy. That cup of coffee is the only thing you can be happy somedays, so thank goodness for it!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

OH NO!!!! :huh::lol:

I have Starbucks I better go check their website lol!

I know how you mean with the Green Tea. I love it iced with lemon!

But I just don't get that coffee-induced satisfaction from tea. And tea

really messes with my stomach for some reason. I get really nauseus

when I drink like Lipton. I wonder what's in it!

lovelove

Dear sickchick,

Many of Starbucks' beverages are safe. I know the Frapps are alright. You have to watch the ones with chips, though. I go to Gluten-Free in SD. It is a site for people in San Diego, but I have found it helpful for me, despite living in Indiana. I enjoy coffee, and have since I was young.

When you are used to it, nothing satisfies you the way it does. Tea is something you might need to watch for gluten as well. Honestly, it is moldy as well. That is why I am supposed to avoid it. Since I have Candida, that aggravates the situation. If you are like me where you have been on antibiotics, steroids, and hormones, you have a good reason to suspect the yeast.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl