Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

silly celiac

Fort Wayne Support?

I am newly diagnosed in the Fort Wayne area. Anybody on here know of a support group in Fort Wayne, or willing to be part of one if we can get one started?

I am most definately interested! Do you know anymore Celiacs in the area? I think it would be great to get some people in the region together at least once, or even on a regular basis. It'd be great to hang out with some people that understand!

I am newly diagnosed in the Fort Wayne area. Anybody on here know of a support group in Fort Wayne, or willing to be part of one if we can get one started?

I don't know of a Ft Wayne group, but you might check out the Indianapolis Google group and see if there's anyone from your area on there. I live hours away from Indy, but joined the Indy group because I go there often on business, so I'm always looking for tips on places to eat and shop there.

Kate

Indy is a bit far, and a bit different, from Fort Wayne. And for me, it's just not a realistic option at this time. That is why I first posted this. I would love to join or start something here locally. When I met with a dietician at Dupont in mid-September, she said that at one time several years ago, there had been a small group of some sort, but it never really got off the ground. It would be nice to do something to raise awareness in the community and have an understanding social network. Online communications have done me well over the past few months, though.