Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kelliac

Grandson (dq2,8) Has Sores, Rashes And Seizures

Have a quick question. Does anyone have babies with strange sores?

My 7 month grandson was accidently glutened several weeks ago (baby food had barley flour, daughter didn't notice). He had the usual first reaction of many dirty diapers. Then a week and a half ago he had a sore on the tip of his finger. Looked red, puffy, irritated, like a burn. Then a sore similar to this broke out in his groin. Another on his lower leg.

Last week, while in the car, he had a seizure and stopped breathing. Very scary experience. Took ambulance to ER where they did blood work. Diagnosis was a fever seizure due to a viremia (spelling?). He was warm and acted differently that day. But, didn't really act that sick. In the ambulance, he broke out in a sandpaper-like rash all over his face, legs, stomach. He was not himself for a day or two after the ER visit.

However, he's still sprouting various sores, now has one on his thumb. Could this still be from the gluten previously. Does anyone else have babies with fever seizures or strange single sores that come and go all over the body? Thanks.

I am sure some of the experts will chime in here to help you.

My grandson had one of those attacks - in the car - we were actually in the medical center area for another reason, he had a reaction to macadamia nuts, or pine nuts - we keep him away from all those now - he was about a year or two & also had all the spots & the fever... - the doctors were clueless & thought he had the measles or something - thank God his mom, suspected an allergy attack & gave him some benadryl.

My guesses would be nut allergy, check DH, then an allergy to another food like eggs, I would also take this child dairy free at least for a while...

IMO barley is very dangerous & it could have been a delayed reaction to the barley also...