Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aligray

Gluten Free For Dummies

Hey! I got the Gluten Free for Dummies book today at Barnes and Noble.

Has anyone read it?

Did you find it helpful?

Any other comments?

Thanks!

Ali :)

Gluten Free for Dummies is an awesome, awesome, awesome book for newbies and old-timers alike. There's a ton of useful information in there in addition to some great suggestions and recipes. You definitely won't be disappointed. I suggest that you pass it on to family members when you're done reading it. It will really help them understand the disease and how careful you (and they) need to be.

It's a GREAT resource, 'specially in the beginning. It's the first book I read after going gluten-free and I often pull it back out to look things up (and to use the gluten-free "Chex Mix" recipe!) It's the first book that I recommend others to buy when they go gluten-free or are considering going gluten-free. I also bought a copy for my mom, to help her understand the gluten-free diet (and now she thinks she might have celiac disease....hmmm, did I have an ulterior motive in giving her that book....yes, I did, lol!) Anyway, happy reading! I'm sure you'll get a lot of good info from the Dummies book. IMHO, it was a wise purchase!

Rho

Oh i am so glad to hear these comments! i have been gluten-free for 9 mos but i think, uh hm...i know ;) i need a refresher course! i have been making mistakes lately.

I love the for dummies books. I actually havn't read Gluten free for dummies, but It's on the bookshelf.... and I am going to read it soon. (eh, possibly today, now that i'm reminded that I have it...)