Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAVINSMOMMY

6 Months Old

My son is 6 months old and I have started him on baby cereal. When he eats the baby cereal at night about 2 hours after eating he starts throwing up and becomes very sleepy. He contiues to vomit for hours. I have been to 2 pediatricians and they both just kind of blew off what was going on with him. One on the doctors did say that it may be celiac but he wanted me to wait a month and try food again and see if it made him sick. Well I did and he did get sick again. My question is does this sound like celiac and what kind of testing do you need to ask to be done.

i feel bad for you, its awful seeing your baby throw up... my ped told me, (my son had a similar story) that i should keep him off gluten till he is one. have you tried giving him rice cereal? or cornflour cereal? mine takes the rice not the corn flour, and both are actually gluten free. try him on that and see if maybe the whole 'cereal' is too heavy for him... that's what always happens to my nephews, so now they only go onto solids after nine months...

good luck!!

I would only use the rice cereal - the dry stuff mixed with formula or breast milk.

maybe applesauce also.

I would start out only feeding it for breakfast, or lunch. I know cereal at night is supposed to make babies sleep longer/better - but that is not working for your child.

when you feed a questionable food at night, the child or adult gets a worse reaction than if it was fed earlier in the day...