Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

little d

My Husband Does Not Get It

Ok, since I have started the diet, I have felt so much better, lost a little weight from eating the right foods, stopped the constent passing embarrising gas and other things. I do more, and want to do more, it is easier for me to wake up, I can stay up longer after working nights sleep until 2pm and when I am off I can stay up past 8pm and not fight to stay awake. My husband does not get that he might have a problem too.

He is always of complaing that his gut is hurting. The last few nights he has complained that his gut is (on fire) sounds familar, but he just passes it off as stress. We are selling our house and looking for a new place ya I know that will stress everybody out, but even when he is not stressed he still complains about his gut. I think that he has noticed a lilttle that I have not spent that much time in the bathroom as well. He has tried some foods that I have made for dinner some he likes the other meals he does not, he is not a big bread eater thank goodness for that because he would really turn his nose on that one. I have told him how I have felt on the diet but I guess not enough. I think with his family history of tummy problems His mom IBS, sister ulserative colon, Grandfater Diverticulitis the main problem, grandmother IBS and had to get the leading artery repaired leading to her stomach, Aunt IBS. So I think that alot of his problem is his mom, who has told me when I told her about my possible Celiac it sounds like you have IBS, I have tried to exlain to her that they are both simular and many IBS sufferes are misdiagnosed with IBS and really have celiac disease, But of course she is going by the word of her doctor, Ok so I love the woman really I do but I think that she is wrong. And I am not the type of person who will start something and I know that I can back it up with data after the fact. I can't think on my feet fast enough. I guess that I need to start getting my husband to start taking his lunch to work stop eatin out every day like hamburgers and junk. I know that will get him to feel better. My daughter has complained too she be the easy one. What mommy does she is willing too.

donna

Donna,

So sorry to hear you are going through this. Sometimes, I am not sure John fully gets it either. He tries though. :) I hope he begins to understand. Is there a way you could sit down and tell him how you feel? Sharing your feelings might help him a bit.

Donna, there is no such a thing as IBS, it is NOT a valid diagnosis. All it means is that people have gut problems and their doctors are too lazy or ignorant to figure out why. They take the symptoms and declare them to be a disease.

It sounds like your husband's family has celiac disease everywhere. I agree, try to give your husband a good, healthy, gluten-free lunch to take with him. And go ahead and cook gluten-free for supper! If you are smart about it, he won't even notice. Buy a good gluten-free cookbook (Betty Hagman wrote several excellent ones) and go from there. It sure sounds like he has a huge problem with gluten (and maybe dairy, too), and should be gluten-free too.

And if you both are gluten intolerant, it is very likely that your daughter is as well.