Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've recently been catching a lot of flu bugs. I've been sick with flu like symptoms 3 times in 3 weeks. I don't usually like to take medicine when I'm sick, but I can't afford to miss anymore time from work and I need to take something to help me get through the day. I was taking Benylin but when I read the ingredients it said "starch" so I stopped taking them. Can anyone recommend something safe? How about Tylenol and Advil? Are these safe to take?

Thank you so much, I will print this list and keep it handy. One thing I noticed that is not on the list is Epinephrine. I once had a severe allergic reaction and now I have to carry an EpiPen with me wherever I go in case it happens again. Does anyone know if they are safe? I think if I actually had to take it (which hasn't happened yet) I would because I would rather be alive and glutened then dead and gluten-free.

Why would epinephrine have gluten? It is the same as adrenalin, something the adrenal gland is supposed to make in times of stress. It is a steroid, and I am sure it is perfectly safe.