Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest andie

Potato Starch

Guest andie

Hi

What is the opinion of using potato starch in white bread when trying to avoid nightshades?

What have people tried as a substitute with success? Am using a bread maker.

Have read that I should not be eliminating all nightshades.

Thanx

Andie <_<

Depending on what you're making, I'm sure you could replace with another starch like tapioca or corn, neither of which are a part of the nightshade family. When I've run out of potato starch for certain recipes, I've done just that. The texture remains the same, but the taste is slightly different.

Are you avoiding tomatoes, too, then?

Guest andie

thanx for your help.

i'm trying to substitute potato flour in white bread. i googled it and will try arrowroot.

No tomatoes, no potatoes, no peppers. don't even know what egg plant tastes like. my husband says he is going to starve to death!

:o Andie

Depending on what you're making, I'm sure you could replace with another starch like tapioca or corn, neither of which are a part of the nightshade family. When I've run out of potato starch for certain recipes, I've done just that. The texture remains the same, but the taste is slightly different.

Are you avoiding tomatoes, too, then?

Those are tough - it's easier for me to go gluten free than remove all peppers! I think I'd starve to death, too ;)

But I hear that particularly with arthritis doing this produces great results. Good luck!