Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daron5780

Glad I Found The Boards! Any Help Would Be Great.

hello,

so many queistions!im glad to have found this board.

i recently went to my doc wanting to be checked out for three things; candida, parasites, and gluten intolerance. he was quick to rule out the first two, but had sent me for bloodwork for celiac disease. this was on a monday, but i had already started eating dairy-gluten-sugar free for 2-3 days. so i got my bloodwork that morning done, and had just recieved word now (a week later) that it was negative. i fugred it would be, after reading that it may not show up if you have stopped gluten. Is this true?

I am not one that has stomach problems, everything is mostly in my head or physical. i am 27, and for most of my life i have had a down, not really with it depressed feeling, tired, weak, achy body/joints, get sick or injured easily, social anxiety, concentration/focus is not on, and irritable, vitamins dont work. i feel like i am suffering. i have been diagnosed with add and social anxiety, but i dont think its that. i have a hunch that it is gluten allergy. even things such as dehydration( i crave cold drinks often), strong food cravings, lumbar pain, night blindness, and i also read your bones can become weaker ( i seem to always get contusions from rollerhockey) are symptoms i suffer from. also, i seem to have problems with having to urinate badly throughout the night, but this is not explained by anything i have read...so if you get this too, please let me know!

so after research, i stopped eating dairy, sugar, gluten. i really started to feel really good;' something good was happening, or about to happen. one day, i totally did not feel good. i think you call it "glutened". i found out the next day that my mother had used flour for a gravy the previous night. i really felt terrible. but at least i was learning. a day later, still feeling terrible, i had some soup, thought nothing of it. until i found out the next day the soup contained chicken stock whch contained gluten. this was 4 days ago, and i feel horrible. for some reason, my throat is so sore and dry. my head feels like a mess; like i got hit by a truck. feeling drunk almost.

i was hoping i could get an opinion. should i get bloodwork redone by my regular doctor? should i eat gluten before i redo my bloodwork? or should i see a GI doc? i have a feeling i am onto something; i am not functioning 100% by any means, maybe like 50-60%. my mother had bad stomach problems, and my grandmother, who passed away recently, was known for being a hypochondriac all her life. i want to find the problem. i know that it is not in my head and that something is wrong, and would like to lead a normal life.

thanks for any help in advance!!!

-dave

Guest j_mommy

Welcome Dave!!!!

You have to be eating gluten for the tests to be correct! I would eat gluten for a couple of weeks and then have them redone since you have not been off gluten that long.

Some are advocates for just teh dietary response and if you are ok with that....then just go gluten free now! I wanted teh testing done so I did it...you could also ask for a biopsy!

Another option is to see if you have an allergy and not celiac....they can do a simple test to find that out and you don't have to be eating gluten for that....but you'd wnat to see an allergist for that! That test will not determine celiac as it's not an allergy!

Good Luck to you!

yes, i was wrong in calling celiac an allergy. thank you for replying, i will definitely consider your suggestions! i would really hate to go back on the gluten, but i would like an official diagnosis...

Guest j_mommy

Yup it won't be fun...not going to lie! But if you want the offical DX then that's the the best way to go! Atleast it was for me!!!

You can also test thru enterolab.com & not have to go back on the gluten.

I have a friend that gets a cough from gluten & her throat swells up. It is good to go out to eat with her, because one bite & she can tell if it contains gluten, I do not think she even has to swallow... she also cannot tolerate dairy. I think that she has a wheat allergy in addition to a gluten problem. You can have both...