Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joni63

Could These Be Dh Symptoms

Hello, I accidently got gluten (not cc) for 2 weeks in a row, on the 5th and 12th of October. During the past week I have a rashy area on the back of my neck at my hairline. My head and ears also feel itchy. I also have small bumps on my face, mostly on my forehead and down the sides. Before going gluten-free I had the face bumps most of the time and sometimes the itchy scalp and ears, but no actual rash. I have no other rash on my body at all, but I am also currently being treated for a yeast infection. (only 1 dose so far)

So, could it be a form of DH? The last gluten I had was 12 days ago.

Or is it possible symptoms of candida?

Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, Well it sure sounds like DH, but the best way to know for sure would be to see a dermatologist and have a biopsy done. I had four done before they finely did the biopsy right and got the correct diagnosis. I have been dealing with DH for years and I break out within 10 minutes of ingesting gluten even if it is just a very small amount and the breakout can last for days. I do take Dapsone for the itch (as it is not a cure) and it does help alot. If your not wanting a biopsy then the other thing to do would be to just watch every thing you eat really close even keep a food diary and check for all the hidden glutens. Good luck!