Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elsie

New Disorder

I have recently been diagnosed with DH thru biopsy of the effected rash area. I am increasingly dismayed by the huge information base available concerning DH and Ciliac. My problem is that I don't have typical symptoms. The rash does not itch at all. I have no digestive issues that would indicate Ciliac and I don't get a reaction when I eat Glutin laced foods. This is really disturbing. I am scheduled for an Endoscopy on Friday to hopefully determine if I truely have this disease. The indications are that I do but the symptoms don't support the diagnosis. Does anyone have similar issues? < <_< _< <_<

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you have DH you have celiac, period, whether you have gotten to the point of having villi damage or not. For some with DH it can take many years for the GI stuff to be more than a bit of an annoyance but that does not mean that gluten is not impacting your brain, muscles and joints, liver, gallbladder, and many other body systems. I wish my DH had been diagnosed when it first showed up rather than being determined to be poison ivy- 12 months of the year. The amount of damage done to my body before I became clearly celiac was considerable and in respect to my nervous system not completely recoverable. IMHO the need for a endoscopic biopsy is more to satisfy your doctors curiousity and get one last big payment as a postive DH biopsy is diagnositic for celaic.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

I thought my skin rash was caused by a corn allergy for a couple of years before being diagnosed (through biopsy) with DH. I never connected it in my head to wheat because the reactions were delayed with wheat, but eating corn would cause immediate itching. I think that's because corn is just hard to digest. Now, without gluten, my skin is clear and I can eat corn again. Good luck getting answers!

Denise

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter