Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wowzer

So Frustrated Here

I went gluten free the beginning of this year. I had been diagnosed with eczema, then spongiotic dermatitis in the vaginal area. I really think it was DH. I had blistery rashes in my underarms and forearms for months. I had big eczema patches. It seemed like everything was itching. Even though my bloodwork had come back negative, I went gluten free. I had so many improvements. The eczema went away. The itching went away. I am not eating any gluten on purpose. I have checked and rechecked medication, soap, shampoo, etc. I know somehow I'm getting CC. My son doesn't help working in 2 pizza places. I have asked him to change, shower, take the clothes downstairs. I make him wash his work clothes. I did catch him plunk down at the computer coming in from work. So that could have got me. I now have to clean the computer, desk, etc. to go online. Now I'm getting the symptoms that were really the beginning of all of this. I think it is a yeast infection and take diflocan. It really feels like I have itchy blisters. My question is can a little gluten do this? I have had some itchy red bumps show up on my arms and legs also.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I went gluten free the beginning of this year. I had been diagnosed with eczema, then spongiotic dermatitis in the vaginal area. I really think it was DH. I had blistery rashes in my underarms and forearms for months. I had big eczema patches. It seemed like everything was itching. Even though my bloodwork had come back negative, I went gluten free. I had so many improvements. The eczema went away. The itching went away. I am not eating any gluten on purpose. I have checked and rechecked medication, soap, shampoo, etc. I know somehow I'm getting CC. My son doesn't help working in 2 pizza places. I have asked him to change, shower, take the clothes downstairs. I make him wash his work clothes. I did catch him plunk down at the computer coming in from work. So that could have got me. I now have to clean the computer, desk, etc. to go online. Now I'm getting the symptoms that were really the beginning of all of this. I think it is a yeast infection and take diflocan. It really feels like I have itchy blisters. My question is can a little gluten do this? I have had some itchy red bumps show up on my arms and legs also.

Join eNewsletter

I also have this problem. I have just started to go to a doctor and we are going to set up an appt. for a biopsy near the rash. This will be a sure test for celiac I am told. Lots of things set it off such as iodine (salty foods) and also in my case too much sugar. I have found using a all cotton tampon with all natural ingrediants has helped with the yeast infections and believe it or not but toilet paper also has gluten in it. I switched to 7th generation or this with good results. Nice to know I am not alone in this department. I also had to get a perscription cream for the rash on my vagina which I don't need as much now since doing the above. Hope this helps you. Sistergoldenhair

Join eNewsletter

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone. I can only use one kind of toilet paper or I am miserable. It sure can be frustrating. If I have to break out in a rash from it, I wish it would find a place that wouldn't be so bad for a biopsy. I've had 2 in the female area and don't think I want to do that again. Let me know how your biopsy goes. Wendy

Join eNewsletter

Do you use panty liners or scented products in that area? I find I break out when I use a panty liner or pad. Gluten took away my periods but I would use them for continence issues when I was first diagnosed and noticed I broke out after using them. Using unscented products has helped a bit.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

I finally traced my remaining breakouts to advil, iodized salt and products with malto-dextrin in them. (which I think is corn, but nonetheless, it caused breakouts) Hope you get it figured out, the itching is miserable. The last yeast/bladder infection I had I really think was caused by eating too many salty nuts!

Join eNewsletter

I don't use the panty liners, etc. I have MRKH (no uterus) so I've never even had a period. I wear cotton underwear, use unscented soap. The rash kind of reminds me of years ago after an Aveno Bath. I was doing fine with Bath & Body Works White Rice & Shea Butter body wash. I'm out of it and tried the Mandarin Orange. Decided that could be the problem and bought a Soft Soap Nutra Oil Body Wash. I'm thinking my body doesnt' like that either. I can't drink orange juice so that may be why the Mandarin Orange reacted. The itching is not near as bad as a year ago. But the rash looks yucky. I just seem a little bit off and can't pinpoint it. I did recently get put on a steroid inhaler. Not sure that could be a problem. I've not been taking Advil, but never had a problem with it. Thank you for all your help.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter