Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Offthegrid

Supplements Without Allergens?

For those of you who avoid gluten, casein and soy and take calcium supplements, what brand are you using? I checked yesterday, and the calcium/D3 I take has soy in it, and I just bought it recently.

I know GNC has calcium/D-3 that is GFCFSF, but my hubby insists GNC waters down the vitamins. I don't know how much I believe that, but I also don't want to spend 3 hours at the store trying to pick out a supplement.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." - Art Williams

Currently gluten-, casein-, soy- and nightshade-free.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

For those of you who avoid gluten, casein and soy and take calcium supplements, what brand are you using? I checked yesterday, and the calcium/D3 I take has soy in it, and I just bought it recently.

I know GNC has calcium/D-3 that is GFCFSF, but my hubby insists GNC waters down the vitamins. I don't know how much I believe that, but I also don't want to spend 3 hours at the store trying to pick out a supplement.

Check out Kirkman. I haven't tried it yet, but have heard good things about it.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

I'd give the GNC brand a try. You could try taking double the recommended dose if you think it might not be as potent as the label says. I've been taking GNC supplements for a while now, because it's the easiest soy, casein and gluten free products I can find, for a decent price too. I love how they list all the ingredient and free of things on the website, much nicer to let the fingers do the walking than standing and staring at labels for hours in the store!! :D

Katie

Gluten free since July 2005

Lactose Free since 1994

Soy free since May 2007

Dairy free since September 2007

Hypothyroid & Hashimoto

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter