Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Electra

My Mom Tested Positive!

Hello all. I don't get to come very often anymore. I'm super busy, but I just wanted to share that I finally got my Mom to be tested (a year after I was diagnosed lol) and she tested positive on the blood test.

The control number for her tissue trans was under 20 and her number was 53.3, so that makes her positive. I convinced her to see my new GI doctor who seems to be very knowledgeable in celiac and has a ton of celiac patients. She will be scheduling her biopsy shortly and hopefully she will finally have the answers to her medical issues. She has thyroid issues, high blood pressure, extreme exhaustion, as well as a ton of other symptoms. I also believe my dad may have Celiac but since he's adopted, unless he goes and gets tested, we will probably never know.

I hope everyone is doing well!!

~~Angie~~

~~Angie~~

DX'd With Narcolepsy In 1995

Dx'ed With Celiac On 12-18-06

Positive Biopsy On 2-1-07

DX'd With Pernicious Anemia 4-24-07

Daughter Has DH, so I suspect she also has Celiac!!

"If Alcoholism was Celiac Disease they would make us drink ourselves into kidney failure before they would admit we had the disease"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Angie, that is great. Hopefully your mom will feel much healthier once on she is on the gluten-free diet.

I just read in your signature that your daughter has DH. If she has been positively diagnosed with it, there is no doubt that she has celiac disease and needs to be on the gluten-free diet. ONLY celiac disease causes DH, and the gluten-free diet is the only valid treatment for it.

Not every person with celiac disease has DH, but everyone with DH has celiac disease, no more testing needed. A diagnosis for DH is automatically a firm diagnosis for celiac disease.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------