Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Owen'sMom

What A Difference!

Since October Owen has put on about 2lbs and grew 1.5 inches . He has more energy then ever and has no problems walking from and to Jonathan's school (before I always had to carry him most of the way). He sleeps well and through the night and also doesn't take 3-4 hour naps anymore, now they are more 1-2 hours long.

You guys he looks awesome and he feels great as long as we watch his diet and he takes all his meds .

Here is a collage of pictures, the top ones are from tonight and the bottom ones are from this summer when he was on a regular diet and had so many issues. Isn't it great how much he changed, no bloated belly anymore and no ribs sticking out . I'm just amazed at how much better he looks and feels now. Thanks to a gluten and soy free diet.

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a206/Joh...t=collage19.jpg

~Melanie~

Mommy to:

Jonathan-10-02-2000, seasonal allergies and Asthma, taking Flovent, Claritin and Nasonex.

Owen-04-29-2005, GERD, 20mgs of Prilosec, 2.5mgs Zyrtec. Negative bloodwork and biopsies but great dietary response.

HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,8) both celiac genes

Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 24 Units

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 18

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am glad that Owen is so much better. I agree, the pictures tell the story.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------