Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jo Ann

Sami's Bakery

We receive so many wonderful ideas and helpful hints from this board, I wondered if anyone has eaten Sami's gluten-free baked goods. We tried the hot dog buns, and they were great. They are made with millet flour, and we don't have any experience with that. Has anyone been able to duplicate this recipe? Would really love a GOOD recipe for hot dog/hamburger buns. Thanks!

Jo Ann

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest digmom1014

Don't have a recipe but, Sami's is the only bread I have found that does not need to be toasted before you eat it! I actually had an honest to goodness turkey sandwich for lunch and felt like a "normal" person. My son who is not gluten-free actually likes the bread & rolls!

You might want to check out the thread below before you eat Sami's bread again. It has been shown to have extremely high levels of gluten contamination. Be careful out there.

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=41233

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Digmom,

Did you suffer any ill affects from eating Sami's baked goods? Our grandson felt fine after eating the hot dog buns, and a member of our local support group said she has been ordering from them for awhile without celiac symptoms. The report from the Michigan group is over a year old; wonder if Sami's has corrected any problems from before?