Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tammy

Cleocin Ovules

My gynecologist prescribed Cleocin Ovules with full knowledge of my gluten sensitivity. The package insert makes it clear that a patient should notify their doctor if they have the following medical conditions:

enteritis, ulcerative colitis and pseudomembranous colitis.

It also clearly states that cleocin ovules (rarely)might cause a severe intestinal condition, pseudomembranous colitis, that can manifest during or after the medicine is finished.

Originally, I thought that this medicine was better than the oral medicine but now I am not so comfortable taking this prescription.

What experiences have you had with this medicine.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just read that Cleocin (I quess they are referring to the oral medicine however the precautions are also in my patient leaflet included with the Cleocin Ovules prescription) is recognized for causing C. Difficile (bacterium). This bacterium causes infection of the colon. Pseudomembraneous Colitis is the name of the effects of this bacterium. The solutions, Vancocin and Flagyl(which can cause stomach upset-its generic caused 3 days of stomach upset for me) is an effective treatment for this bacterium.

Do I have any other safe and effective solutions????