Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cruelshoes

Want To Recreate Pamela's Wheat Free Bread Mix

We love the Pamela's Wheat Free Bread mix. I usually bake from scratch, but since my son has been on a CF diet, I have relied on this mix for bread. All of my other TNT bread recipes have milk in them.

I would like to make a bread like this from scratch and not rely on the mix. Anyone have a recipe that's close? I like the bread because it is CF, tastes great and stays good for several days on the kitchen counter. It has a pretty good nutritional profile for bread, with some healthier flours and a decent amount of fiber per slice.

Here are the ingredients:

INGREDIENTS: Sorghum Flour, Tapioca Flour, Sweet Rice Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Organic Natural Evaporated Cane Sugar, Chicory Root, White Rice Flour, Millet Flour, Honey and Molasses; Rice Bran, Sea Salt, Xanthan Gum, Yeast Packet.

I have all of this in the house already with the exception of the Chicory root. From what I am reading online, Chicory root acts like gelatin and also adds fiber. I can sub for that with other ingredients.

Anyone have a recipe like the Pamela's mix? Rather than trying to reinvent the wheel, I thought I'd ask. Thanks for any responses.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just put in the best homemade bread recipe in my breadmaker. (Thread is in baking section) and I used Rice Dream milk. My son is allergic to casien too and the 1 qt size no refrigerated Rice Dream is gluten-free.

Turned out yummy!! Used different flours but definetely the best gluten-free bread.

Whole family is allergic to Gluten, eggs, dairy, most are allergic to garlic. Few other various allergies.

Did you know it's best to wait until 21 months to give a baby wheat??

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter