Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chellalee

My Happy Day!

I took the blood test 9 months ago and it came back positive. It was the end of a very scary pregnancy with severe severe anemia...(hemoglobin at 7.5) I had been blood tested for so many things I was so shocked when this came back positive. Even though I have fairly silent celiac (only the anemia and the occasional migraine) I have been very committed to the diet. (I think it has been hard because even if I did eat gluten, I wouldn't feel sick or anything, so it's been a real mental struggle). Just found out a few weeks ago I am pregnant again, so wanted to get the DNA test done, just to give myself reassurance that I really should stay on this diet. Went in to my midwife, and she took the blook for the DNA test (results in a few days) but at the same time she tested my hemoglobin and it was at a 12. I have never had hemoglobin above a 10, so this is huge to me. I actually fall into normal range for the first time in my life! Of course if my DNA test were to come back negative, I will still stay on the diet religiously at least for the pregnancy, then I might cheat a little. It was such a great day, I finally felt like the 9 months of deprivation and embarassment have actually been helping me. It's good to get that reassurance, because physically I have noticed no change for the 9 months but now I know it is working.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Join eNewsletter