Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dinali63

Great Restaurant In The Berkshires!

I am vacationing in the Berkshires and went to dinner at Spice in Pittsfield, MA. What a wonderful experience! We called ahead and were told that gluten free was no problem to accomodate. When our server came to the table, she asked who had the gluten allergy and I told her that it was my son and me. She then told me to choose what I wanted from the menu and the chef would make sure that it was gluten free. The salad I had was terrific as well as the main course. When it was time for dessert, the manager came to the table and offered that the chef would come up with a gluten free dessert, if I wanted to try it. Of course after the great experience I was having so far, I agreed to try the dessert. It was a poached pear with a choice of ice cream or sorbet------the chef created it especially for me since it was not on the menu. Overall, this has been the best experience I've had in a restaurant since being diagnosed with celiac disease 8 months ago. Their website is www.eatatspice.com. They also made my son feel really special and made no problem out of making the kids' menu gluten free for him.

Highly recommended for anyone visiting or living nearby..........

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Join eNewsletter