Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Janessa

Lost Sense Of Smell

I've been gluten free since last June and feeling great but the last several days I have lost most of my sense of smell and everything I eat either tastes weird or like nothing at all. I have also been very fatigued the last couple of days and having dizzy spells.

It doesn't feel like I got glutened, that has happened several times so I know what that feels like and I have never lost my smell before. I am not congested at all but took a decongestant anyway but it didn't help at all.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

peanut free Nov 06, gluten free June 07, corn and soy free July 08, latex free Oct 08 Banana and kiwi cross reacting with latex allergy

happily vegetarian

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I would talk to your doctor about it. Sometime similar happened to a coworker who had developed nasal polyps, but it didn't come on suddenly, so I don't mean to imply it is the same thing. (The lack of smell, though, probably explains the flat tastes.) Combined with the dizziness, however, it strikes me as being worthy of a trip to the doctor, out of concern for neurologic issues.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter