Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barbinwisconsin

Olive Garden

I went to Oilve Garden for my birthday & wanted to eat the Stuffed Chicken Breast I saw advertised on TV. I thought "hey, I can eat chicken & cheese". Well I was told the cheese sauce had wheat or flour in it. So I abstained. Well yesterday our local newspaper published the recipe which they said was given to them by a chef at Olive Garden & there was no wheat product of any kind in the recipe. Hmmmm, so why does the same dish in the restaurant contain some sort of wheat product????

What restaurants are typically safe? (Something besides salad please.)

By the way, there is a restautant in Milwaukee, Wisconsin called "Tess" that has gluten free items on their menu. I've been told one of the owners has celiac & understands the issue. Good food too!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Most of the chicken dishes I've seen at OG have been dredged in flour to give the chicken "brown" appearance to them. Maybe it wasn't included in the "secret recipe" and that's why no one can "quite" get it as "good" as OG?

The OG has recipes on its web page, so maybe you could go look there and see. It's hard to answer your question not knowing exactly what dish it is you were talking about.

Bridget

I don't think the Chef would be allowed to give away the recipe so perhaps it was a "do-it-at-home" alternative.

I never order sladas out unless I am at a gluten-free place or at one who offers gluten-free salad since most are contaminated and such.

It depends on how much you want to eat out on where you go. . .I never eat out expcept when in NYC at glutrenfree restaurants. . .however, if I go to a support group meeting at P.F. Changs I will eat there.

Go to places that know about Celiacs. If you can't (my Mother and brother eat out lots of places- but they often get sick) then stick with plain meats.