Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sandpiper

Colon Infections And Celiac

Hi to all,

Would like to ask if anyone here has had or has a infection of the colon before being dx with celiac or just after stopping the gluten?

Our sister, who I have posted about recently, was dx with colon cancer a couple of years ago. She just had a colonoscopy on Monday as she is having 10-12 bowel movements a day, and that would be the D kind of movements. She is quite anemic and also having a PET scan last week (thank goodness it was clear of anything), they are trying to see what else is going on. I have strongly suggested to her to get her blood tested (this was after she was dx with the cancer), she just had this done on Monday, and we are waiting. She also had a upper endoscopic with the biopsy test.

I would like to see if anyone here had a problem with an infection of the colon with celiac, as the doctors did pick this up on the colonoscopy on Monday. They are treating the infection with an antibiotic.

Please let me know what you think of this being possible and if anyone has had this connection made.

Thanks to all, and the best to you and your health,

Susie

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi to all,

Would like to ask if anyone here has had or has a infection of the colon before being dx with celiac or just after stopping the gluten?

Our sister, who I have posted about recently, was dx with colon cancer a couple of years ago. She just had a colonoscopy on Monday as she is having 10-12 bowel movements a day, and that would be the D kind of movements. She is quite anemic and also having a PET scan last week (thank goodness it was clear of anything), they are trying to see what else is going on. I have strongly suggested to her to get her blood tested (this was after she was dx with the cancer), she just had this done on Monday, and we are waiting. She also had a upper endoscopic with the biopsy test.

I would like to see if anyone here had a problem with an infection of the colon with celiac, as the doctors did pick this up on the colonoscopy on Monday. They are treating the infection with an antibiotic.

Please let me know what you think of this being possible and if anyone has had this connection made.

Thanks to all, and the best to you and your health,

Susie

I hope your sister will only get better with time.

Today I had an appointment with my doctor. I have very strong pain in the intestine, nausea and some times blood and I was told that I had to make a colonoscopy just to exclude the chance of colon cancer. The doctor said it was not very possible that I have cancer because of my age but still we had to exclude that possibility because I have celiac and I was missdiagnosed for 10 years (so I kept eating gluten all that time). There is a connection between celiac and cancer and you can find information about that connection in the net. I 've read that it is because our body is handling gluten as smth toxic and that is the beginning of many effects on our body (and of cancer)

I don't know if that is any help for you.

I wish you and your family the best. Μελινέ.

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter