Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fatcat11188

Chrones Disease And Celiac?

Okay so when the doctor called to discuss my endoscopy results (for celiac) he mentioned that some of my intestines was showing potential signs of crohnes disease too.. i have to see him tuesday and they are going to take my blood and test it for crohnes (sorry if im spelling it wrong.)

has anybody been told this before and did you have it- im really scared and im just new to celiac let alone something else in ADDITION to it all.

Help please. I dont know what to think/feel

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes, it is not unusual. On the bright side, a gluten-free diet is known to greatly help Chrohn's disease as well, not just celiac disease.

Nancy, your link leads to something completely other than that study!

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

Hello

I understand you are feeling wierd but please try to keep your head up.....A friend of mine has that crohne disease (since she was 10 years old and now she is 24). Ok she is not very happy, sometimes she had big trouble, but she is doing ok most of the time. Not just ok....she is a beautiful girl, she is studying to become a doctor (....), having fun, doing sports and all the stuff a young healthy person is supposed to do. And she is always smiling....no problems at all . She is taking her medicine, eating what she has to eat, going to her doctor regularly...I am not trying to tell you that it is not a difficult disease. It is a very difficult one, but it is ok....Try to think positive untill you get those reslults, and if they are not the ones you are expecting we are here to support you. Try to think of all those people who have diseases that can't be treated.....I know it's difficult but just try that...I am going to have a biopsy (hope next week) to see if there is cancer in my intestine. I am not telling you that to make you feel bad or to piity me. I am feeling strong and even if that's the case I am going to fight it. Just keep in mind that crohnes is somthing you can live with. I hope everything is ok with you (and with me...!!!!!)

That's life....take care ok???

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter