Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dolcenotte

Just Returned From Endoscopy Biopsy

Hi again everyone. The doctor told me that right away he saw that my stomach was very inflamed all over. He said that my villi are depleted and not even there and i actually have ulcerations on my intestines, but my esophagus was fine. He said he would classify this as a moderate to severe case. he prescribed me with Prilosec to help my intestines heal. I forgot to ask him what foods/drinks to avoid? The obvious would be orange juice, tomato sauce...any others? Has anyone else gotten a report like this? I'm very scared because ulcerations like that can lead to cancer. Also, my father died at 57 from lung cancer but also suffered from diabetes, kidney failure, heart disease and the exact same stomach issues most of his life like mine and he went undiagnosed his whole life. They could never figure out his bloating/gas issues. I hope its not too late to change things. I'm starting the gluten free diet this weekend when I get a chance to do some heavy shopping.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

HI, good luck. I would suggest eating basic, whole foods. Avoid processed foods as much as possible for awhile. Also damaged villi have a very difficult time digesting dairy, so that should be avoided for several months. Happy healing.

gluten . . . Kiss my grits!

pork and beef free- 1994

wheat free or wheat light- 2003

gluten free- January 2008

Hi again everyone. The doctor told me that right away he saw that my stomach was very inflamed all over. He said that my villi are depleted and not even there and i actually have ulcerations on my intestines, but my esophagus was fine. He said he would classify this as a moderate to severe case. he prescribed me with Prilosec to help my intestines heal. I forgot to ask him what foods/drinks to avoid? The obvious would be orange juice, tomato sauce...any others? Has anyone else gotten a report like this? I'm very scared because ulcerations like that can lead to cancer. Also, my father died at 57 from lung cancer but also suffered from diabetes, kidney failure, heart disease and the exact same stomach issues most of his life like mine and he went undiagnosed his whole life. They could never figure out his bloating/gas issues. I hope its not too late to change things. I'm starting the gluten free diet this weekend when I get a chance to do some heavy shopping.

I am new to this website and not sure I am even navigating it right. However, I can say this...I have done so much research on stomach issues and hands down--the research all points to a gluten free diet. When I first switched to gluten free, I thought it was the end of the world. (I love pasta and pizza). Let me tell you it is not. There are so many substitutions. Everything has a substitute...yes, even pizza. Some brands are better than others, and believe it or not...some...you can't tell the difference. Really, try it. Most importantly, don't give up. Find an alternative eating store. A doctor recently told me that the minute I eat gluten again, it will erase most of the good I have done. So good luck. Don't forget, gluten free diets are used for many health issues.

I would avoid milk at this stage too.

nora

gluten-free since may 06 after neg. biopsy symptoms went away and DH symptoms which I had since 03 got gradually better.

daughter officially diagnosed celiac and casein intolerant.

non-DQ2 or DQ8. Maybe DQ1? Updated: Yes, double DQ5

Hypothyroid since 2000, thyroxine first started to work well 06 on a low-carb and gluten-free diet

Lost 20 kg after going gluten-free and weighing 53 kg now. neg. biopsy for DH. Found out afterwards from this forum that it should have been taken during an outbreak but it was taken two weeks after. vitaminD was 57 nmol/l in may08)