Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest digmom1014

Books! Gluten-free Girl And Let's Eat Out

Guest digmom1014

I think after over 3 months I want to branch out a bit. Has anyone read any of these books or have any others that they would recommend? I don't think I'm up to cookbooks yet, but look forward to the day I am.

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm not sure what types of books you're looking for, but if you just want to be well informed about celiac, Dr. Peter Green's book "Celiac: The Hidden Epidemic" is excellent. I'm not a real fan of "Let's Eat Out." I simply just found it terribly boring and not very helpful. I've heard good things about Gluten-free Girl, but I haven't seen it in stores.

I have Gluten Free Girl. The book part autobiography, part embracing the gluten free diet, part coping skills and some receipes. Retail price is $24.95. I prefer to look at books in the store before I buy them. Barnes and Noble and Borders both allow you to check store inventories online. If you can not find these books within a reasonable driving distance check with the local book store policies for special ordering books. Some book stores don't require you to buy the book if it turns out not to be what you want.

Phyllis

Gluten Free - 30 years