Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenlove

Glutened Again!

Went to buy a bottle of wine which at our costco here in Kona is next to the bakery. as soon as I got near it, I could smell the bread and turned around to leave the area. By the time I got to check out I was almost doubled over in pain from breathing in the flour. Lucky to get home before the runs started!

This made me wonder if any one else is this sensitive to just breathing in flour or other gluten containing items.

I also keep wondering why if I have this type of accident I get stomach pains and the runs but if I eat something accidently containing gluten, I get dh and no runs.

Ken

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm pretty sure I was glutened (or a close call) at Kroger not too long ago in the baking goods aisle. I got a horrible pain in my back and realized I was standing near the flour. Then I realized that I could actually SMELL the flour. Maybe they had just stocked the shelves or someone had recently handled them, causing the flour to "puff out" thru the seams. I got a couple of aisles away and was fine.

Lisa

~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08

happy%20dance%20penguin.gif

Glad to know I'm not the only one getting ill walking in the wrong section of the store!

Bought a face mask for the next time I want to look for wine at costco!

take care

I'm pretty sure I was glutened (or a close call) at Kroger not too long ago in the baking goods aisle. I got a horrible pain in my back and realized I was standing near the flour. Then I realized that I could actually SMELL the flour. Maybe they had just stocked the shelves or someone had recently handled them, causing the flour to "puff out" thru the seams. I got a couple of aisles away and was fine.

Lisa

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator