Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

donnal

Whey In Margarin

Whey in margarine! I took the advice from several of you and went on a total (I thought!)elimination diet for wheat, eggs, dairy and corn. Well, I made some OK (I thought!) cookies last night and then, for some reason, read the Promise margarine lable and it has some whey!!! How much is that gping to skew my experiment for dairy free? I know, from reading lots of posts, that everyone reacts differently to different amounts and I'm thinking each cookie would only have about 2/3 tsp, if that much, of margarine in it, of which only a small amount of that would be whey (about the 5th ingred on the label). So do I need to avoid the cookies for a week (they sure got good, drat it!)? Thanks for any help.

Donna Edinger

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I had to stop using the margarine I had been using, because of the whey. Some people are just as sensitive to dairy or other allergens as they are to gluten, so if you are not yet sure of your sensitivity to it, I'd think it best not to have any at all.

Some dairy-free margarines are Earth Balance, Fleischmann's unsalted, Mother's, and Willow Run. However, I find most DF margarines either have corn, canola, or soy. Many Celiacs are also sensitive to canola, including myself. My preference is coconut oil, which IMO tastes fantastic with everything. It is also solid at room temperature, and melts easier than butter. I've tried most brands I could get my hands on, and none even come close to Coconut Oil Supreme. Expensive, but oooooh soooo goooood! Very healthy too!

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

we use ghee, it's made from real butter with out the dairy proteins.

Whole family is allergic to Gluten, eggs, dairy, most are allergic to garlic. Few other various allergies.

Did you know it's best to wait until 21 months to give a baby wheat??