Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wilem008

Should I Get New Shampoo And Conditioner?

Hi guys!

Im in my second week of being gluten free and have already had some set-backs! :-(

I noticed in the shower this morning that both my shampoo and conditioner contain a whole bunch of different 'wheat' ingredients. One ingredient is even listed as 'Wheat Protein'.

Should I be buying new shampoo and conditioner?

I went and checked all mother other cosmetics and I think they're ok....Im not sure about my body lotion though, it has a lot of 'flower' ingredients like: Sunflower extract and Shea seed etc.

What do you think?

Will my toothpaste be ok?

Also, on a different note...what are the chances of getting contaminated from kissing my boyfriend?

eg: Would I be be more likely to get contaminated if I kissed him while he was drinking a beer?

Im new to the diet and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Wilem

Diagnosed with IBS - October 2007

Despite testing negative in bloodtests - still getting Celiac symptoms.

Gluten Free trial begins - May 2008

Positve dietary response! Woo!

Lactose free aswell - December 2008

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi guys!

Im in my second week of being gluten free and have already had some set-backs! :-(

I noticed in the shower this morning that both my shampoo and conditioner contain a whole bunch of different 'wheat' ingredients. One ingredient is even listed as 'Wheat Protein'.

Should I be buying new shampoo and conditioner?

I went and checked all mother other cosmetics and I think they're ok....Im not sure about my body lotion though, it has a lot of 'flower' ingredients like: Sunflower extract and Shea seed etc.

What do you think?

Will my toothpaste be ok?

Also, on a different note...what are the chances of getting contaminated from kissing my boyfriend?

eg: Would I be be more likely to get contaminated if I kissed him while he was drinking a beer?

Im new to the diet and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Wilem

If you are just starting the diet, I would certainly recommend that you have gluten free shampoo and conditioner. It just crosses off one type of contaimination. Dove products are gluten free. Toothpaste must be gluten free, most are but always check.

And, the beer and boyfriends can be another way to get glutened. You might want to hold off until he has a change to brush his teeth before a good smooch. :rolleyes:

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien