Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cycling

Are You In Australia, Maybe You Can Help With Brand Names..

Hi There,

I recently had a blood test done and have found that I'm allergic to Barley, Corn, Rice, Rye, Wheat, Cow's Milk, Egg's, Pineapple and Brewer/bakers yeast + a few other non discript foods.

I have checked the likes of Woolworths and Coles and some health food shops looking for any pre packaged/processed foods like cake mix, bread mix, muffins ,etc. without sucess.

Everything I have checked contains at least one of the foods that I'm allergic to. I have also emailed several health food companies with out sucess.

Is anyone here able to help me pls with preferably brands/names of products I can eat, or maybe recipes..?

Any help would be appreciated...

Cheers Mardy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Orgran is an Australian company I believe. I live in the U.S. and buy and regularly use some of their products, especially the pasta.

http://www.orgran.com/company-information/...an-outlets.html

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Orgran is an Australian company I believe. I live in the U.S. and buy and regularly use some of their products, especially the pasta.

http://www.orgran.com/company-information/...an-outlets.html

Hi their Missy'smom,

Thank you for the reply, yes Orgran is an Aussie Company, unfortuneately all the ingredience lists I have read on their packaging contains one or more of my allergies.

thanks again Mardy

I'm new to forums... I should have said in the ORIGINAL POST. . . . .

Im not allergic to... Duram Wheat, Millet, Buckwheat and Oats.

cheers...

Sorry, my tired eyes last night completely misssed the other allergens that you listed :( and I realized later that Orgran might not work for you. Good luck with your search.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

In my experience Orgran is the brand with the most things excluded so if you can't use their products, looks to me like you're just going to have to make things from scratch.

A great cookbook is "Sharing sweet secrets, wheat and gluten free" by Pamela Moriarty, and every single thing I have tried from that book has been extremely delicious. Also if you have a look on the Gluten Free Girl website, she has a lot of recipes with unusual flours like teff or sorghum, which you may be able to tolerate.

But on the whole, I think you probably just need to experiment a lot. Chickpea flour might be a good one for you to test out because that can be used to make pancakes etc just on its own.

Mostly making your own stuff from scratch doesn't take that much longer than using a packet though and then you can be absolutely sure what you are putting into your food!

Actually, a great tip I learned from a friend with multiple intolerances is that mung bean noodles, aka bean thread or bean vermicelli are a great substitute for all kinds of starches - you can use them instead of pasta or any kind of noodle you would put in a stir fry. They have them at Coles and Woolies in the asian grocery section for about 55-65c per pack, or even cheaper at the asian grocer. The brand I get at the supermarket is in a mostly clear sort of shrink wrapped packet with bright blue and red on it at the ends.

You just need to soak them in boiled water for 8-10 minutes and then you can use them either hot or cold. (They are great cold in a salad too!) :D