Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lookingforanswers17

Is Bloodwork Suppose To Take This Long?

I have been anxiously waiting the results of my bloodwork for celiacs that was done over a week ago. The doctor said they have gotten partial results back but are still waiting on the rest of the results before they tell me what the bloodwork says? Is it normal for the bloodwork to take this long? Usually I get bloodwork back in a day or two but its been almost 2 weeks. The bloodwork was done at Qwest.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have been anxiously waiting the results of my bloodwork for celiacs that was done over a week ago. The doctor said they have gotten partial results back but are still waiting on the rest of the results before they tell me what the bloodwork says? Is it normal for the bloodwork to take this long? Usually I get bloodwork back in a day or two but its been almost 2 weeks. The bloodwork was done at Qwest.

Mine were done at qwest also it took 7 days to get full results. I'd call the Dr again.

Celiac Dx 6/16/08 with blood work done for chronic anemia.

Endoscopy & biopsy 6/25/08 - complete villious atrophy.

Vitamin D deficency - 50,000iu Vit D weekly started 8/4/08.

Iron Deficency Anemia - IV Iron infusions weekly started 8/7/08.

Osteopenia of spine 8/12/08 calcium supplements commenced.

DD aged 11yrs Celiac Dx 7/8/08, symptom free except for being short for age.

DS aged 4yrs Allergic to corn & oats but bloods & biopsies negative for Celiac 2/2007, GERD 5/2005, Cardiac surgery for retro-esophageal right sub-clavian artery 5/5/2005.

DD aged 2 yrs Bloods negative for Celiac.

Gluten Free life started 7/15/08

My Mum tested positive for celiac disease 7/25/08

My maternal great-grandfather died from "his stomach wearing away" he was a baker.

I'd call again too. My dr office couldn't even figure out how to order the tests. (I had to call my son's pediatrician to tell them what the tests were!) But I (sort of) got my results yesterday. Took 9 days for my results to come in. Supposedly... :rolleyes: (DS's results were back in 4 days, same lab. - So, I think my dr's office is completely incompetent.)