Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wendylu

Joint Pain Is Getting Exhausting...

Hey guys,

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this!

Is there anything I can do about the joint pain? What do yall take or any remedies you go through to make it less painful? I am still waiting on test results for Celiac and wont find anything out until Thursday but the gluten free diet has been the only thing to make the stomach pain and constant bowl movements subside so i'm pretty certian this is it, does the joint pain come with it? Will they perscribe anything, or is it all over the counter like tylenol?

Thanks for any help!

Wendy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Joint pain should go away once you are gluten free. You might also need to be dairy & soy free.

You might also try not drinking orance juice - it is bad on the joints. Okay to eat an orange...

100% welch's grape juice diluted is one of my favorites.

Some people also find that they need to be mostly grain free. I feel much better grain free. I have the occasional corn tortilla or corn chips & the rare treat. There are cookie recipes that do not use any grains that are also good.

a favorite snack of mine is to take those huge fresh dates & take out the seed, fill with pecans or walnuts & optional roll in powdered sugar. These will keep for a long time in an airtight container.

I take Advil for the occasional mistakes etc...

Don't be concerned if the joint pain does not go away as quickly as the stomach issues. Some symptoms take months or even longer to show improvement.

Glucosamine chondroitin can be helpful, and Aleve..........but I have always tried not to depend on painkillers............only for the worst of days.

Welcome to a fellow Hoosier!! :D

~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08

happy%20dance%20penguin.gif