Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjtj

Sublingual B12 Vs Benfotiamine

Hello,

I recently posted a subject for nerve pain. My Mom has been suffering with a chronic abdomen pain. Doctors recently told her that she had celiac. She has been with the diet for almost 2 months now and she does not seem any improvement. She still has the abdomen pain but also she has a nerve pain that goes to the back like sciatica nerve pain and goes to the leg. She sometimes has to drag her leg because of the pain.

Someone wrote me that she should take Sublingual B12 to get her going with her intestinal damage. They also recommended to take Benfotiamine.

I think that both contains vitamin B. I don't want my Mom to have a vitamin intoxication.

Can Sublingual B12 be taken with other prescriptions?

what about Benfotiamine?

Or can my Mom takes Sublingual B12 and Benfotiamine?

Thank you everyone.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You do not need to worry about "vitamin intoxication" with most of the B vitamins including B12 and Thiamine. B6 can cause issues at very high doses over an extended period of time. The majority of B vitamins just get "peed" out if the body doesnt need them.

She should be on a good balanced B (with all of the B vitamins) along with extra sublingual B12 and Benfotiamine.

These will not be a problem with other Rx.

But do check with her Doctor if you are concerned. We are not doctors here. We are all people with REAL LIFE experience who have used these protocols on ourselves. And have done countless hours of research that most doctors will not have done.

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!