Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is riceflour gluten free? I think it is but I am not sure. Yesterday I had some Korean ricecakes and they listed riceflour as an ingredient. They were really good but I was a little concerned. The company was Jinga in Maspeth, NY I believe. That is on Long Island.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Is riceflour gluten free? I think it is but I am not sure. Yesterday I had some Korean ricecakes and they listed riceflour as an ingredient. They were really good but I was a little concerned. The company was Jinga in Maspeth, NY I believe. That is on Long Island.

Pure rice flour would be gluten free. A lot of gluten-free products are made with rice flour. But as with everything, you have to be sure that hasn't been mixed with or contaminated by wheat flour (or any other gluten containing flour).

Pure rice flour would be gluten free. A lot of gluten-free products are made with rice flour. But as with everything, you have to be sure that hasn't been mixed with or contaminated by wheat flour (or any other gluten containing flour).

Thanks, I'm not really sure about that but I guess it is since it said Maspeth, LI. I think they would be required to say if it was because of the FDA standards, hopefully everything is fine.