Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beth in NC

Food Allergies?

I met with my GI yesterday and he suggested having some food allergy testing done, since so many thing are bothering my gut right now. So in the morning I will be meeting with this new doc. I don't know if they will do any testing tomorrow or not...receptionist said it was possible since I haven't taken any antihistimines in a while.

ARe there certain things I need to look for or ask about? I've never had food allergy issues but some things are giving me issues that shouldn't be gluten related...mainly GI symptoms, nothing like anaphylaxis.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I met with my GI yesterday and he suggested having some food allergy testing done, since so many thing are bothering my gut right now. So in the morning I will be meeting with this new doc. I don't know if they will do any testing tomorrow or not...receptionist said it was possible since I haven't taken any antihistimines in a while.

ARe there certain things I need to look for or ask about? I've never had food allergy issues but some things are giving me issues that shouldn't be gluten related...mainly GI symptoms, nothing like anaphylaxis.

Hi Beth

depending on what kind of allergy testing they are doing I have had both done...one they will prick your skin with tiny drops of a food sorce and see if your skin gts red and itchy if not then you are not reactive to it....the other is a blood test where they take some blood from your finger and send it to a lab and they some how divide it into like 100 or so foods and see if there is a reaction this is an IGg reaction in your system which is like when you have an sensitivilty to a food that in time may or maynot go away as your gut heals....

I too had what felt like many food sensitivities and had both test doen thank heavens I was not "allergic" to any thing as that can be very sever bit di have many sensitivities to some weird foods like banana, pinapple things like that but I have noticed that now that I have been gluten-free for the last 9 days or so I am able to eat foods and not feel so bad even once a week or so toss some banana into a smoothie ...YEH for gluten-free...give it time as your body heals so will all these weird things it has just been tring to pertect us from what it thinks is more harm..our bodies are so amazing if we take a second to listen to it...hope this helps if I can help you more feel free to ask,,,every one here is been so helpfull yourself included it is nice to read a thread that i actually can help someone else with.... :D

celiac blood test positve 11/10

stool test postive 2009