Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest memoryofaspyn

Muscle Pain

Guest memoryofaspyn

Hello all, it has been a while since I have posted. I have been gluten-free for 8 months now, and I had hoped that my muscle pain would have stopped by now. All of my life I have gotten really awful leg aches and the muscles in my arms also hurt. It bothers me almost 5 days a week and seems to get worse at night when I am trying to relax. I went to the doc and asked them to check me for lupus, the ANA came back + so they refereed me to a rematologist, he ran further tests which all came back negative (for Lupus and Sjrogens SP?) I am at a dead end again, does anyone else have muscle pain, and can anyone suggest any further tests that I should have run? I had posted a while back about my daughter who passed away from Mitochondrial disease (which affects the muscles) so I am also concerned if I have something along those lines, that is why I am curious if anyone else has this symptom, or if I should do further testing on myself for mito.

Thanks for all your help!!

Stacy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest barbara3675

You probaby have fibromyalgia and should be checked for that. That is what I have and it has settled in my arms now....when I first had it, it was all over. I take a major amount of magnesium with malic acid which I get from the health food store plus Mobic, which is a major anti-inflammatory. Now I only get flares in my hands/arms if I really over do it working, etc. People with migraines and fibro are known to be seriously short on magnesium in their system, I have been reading articles about this lately. Hope this helps you. Barbara