Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

123xyz

When It's Not Celiac's

And, about checking for all those other possible things, there is video capsule endoscopy too, and with that they can see every inch of all the intestine, and they can even see celiac that is patchy and other wise hard to biopsy beause it is so easily missed.

And other things they see too.

nora

But early villi damage is often only visible under a microscope.

Also, they don't see every inch of all the intestine, they only see the inches that the camera part of the capsule is aimed at! To my knowledge, it doesn't have multiple views, only one.

I do think that the video capsule endoscopy is by far the most preferable option. Unfortunately, many insurance companies still don't pay for it (last time I checked, mine didn't).

I do think that the video capsule endoscopy is by far the most preferable option. Unfortunately, many insurance companies still don't pay for it (last time I checked, mine didn't).
How could a video capsule take a biopsy?

My gastro thought my endoscopy looked swell - no problems. It was the pathology department, looking at a single tissue sample under microscope, that discovered the lymphocytosis.

Edit: See that you made the same point but don't understand why video would be preferred in terms of diagnosis - preferred in terms of invasiveness yes . . .